5th Day Himeji

view from the Nishinomaru Garden (right side when you exit the castle)

Since we got 5day Kansai Hiro Pass, we took a Shinkansen to Himeji from Shin Osaka and travelled 40mins only. We left early from our accommodation at 6:30 AM, and ate breakfast at St Marc Cafe, just outside the Himeji station, upon our arrival (that was a little before 8am). It was the best breakfast we ever had, the pastries tasted so good. The castle does not open until 9am so we have ample time to explore the castle grounds first. 

The castle can be seen from Himeji Station. So you can never get lost here. It's just a pretty straightforward walk, no need to open Google Map. The early morning walk to the Castle is good, we passed by a market at the side but the stores are still closed.

 



market


watch out for this cute manhole showing himeji castle




Started walking 8:30 AM and arrived at the Sakuramon bridge 20mins after. That's walking time including photo ops..Lol

  • Sakuramon Bridge

us trying to act natural..hahaha


  • Himeji Castle
      📍68 Honmachi, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0012, Japan

       Hours :


you can use this for 100 yen , I think it's for a little over a minute and my son was complaining it's a rip off. He has not gotten to scorch the whole area yet. You can view the Himeji station from here.

 Inside the Main Keep. This structure has 6 stories with one basement. The floors are wood so upon entering the Main keep you are only to wear socks, you will be provided with a plastic bag where you can put your shoes and take it with you during your time inside. Had i known this, I would have worn thicker socks, the wood feels at your feet is just torture. 

the stairs inside the main keep, this is how you go about every floors of the building. See the plastic bag?



view from the inside of the Main keep, the Himeji station is at the end of the lined yellow and green trees.
The top level you see here is the one we went down earlier
next second level is where the well is, you will see it later
the ground level is where you come from the Sakuramon Bridge





view from another window



Okiku's well- inspiration for the movie "The Ring"


when your son wants to ruin the picture



at NishinoMaru garden, this is already at 11:07 AM, we are trying to get a shade. 
This garden is prettier in Spring as there are lots of Cherry Trees here.



saw this giant ball of fur in Himeji Park


Passed by these tourists our way to Koko-en Garden 



Koko-en Garden

It was only when we are heading to the Garden when we found at that it's actually outside the castle. We ended in Nishinomaru Garden thinking it was the Kokoen Garden or probably we just had miscommunication with the one at the ticketing booth.


could not get a clean long exposure shot here, the platform is just too shaky with people moving around too





Finished the Koko-en Garden by 12Noon, we spent 20-30 mins there. Head out to try some Kobe Beef A1 at Kushiyaki, read some blogs saying the food here is yummy. True enough! I don't eat medium rare meat but this one just melts in your mouth. Totally savory. I swear I had little tears in my eyes upon eating this. It is just so good.


my son ordered their burger with Kobe beef AI as well.


We rested for a bit at the concrete benches near the road and bought ice cream before heading back to the Himeji Station. Next Stop is Osaka. Timecheck 

By 320 PM, we are already on our way to Umeda Building. For some reason, google took us to a long route, there was construction near Umeda and there is no other way but to go around the construction instead of just straight through to the Umeda Building.




I swear I thought this was me..lol



finally arrived at Umeda Sky Building after 20mins of walking. 

We just head back down. there was already a long line from the 2nd floor. 
 If we have only left Himeji at 12noon, we would be here by 2pm but we just enjoyed Himeji and lost track of time, or not really. We know of the time but we are just so consumed by it. For me, it's ok to pass this spot, the elevator shot is all we missed. There's always next time.

So we decided to go shopping instead and went back again to the long route. 
 

Spent 2 hours in Donki, and went to this mall to look for One Piece Book. My son's classmate had requested for him to buy one.



we found the book but just when I was about to pay, the cashier said no English. The book is in Japanese. Sad, we just returned it.




Finally finished with all the shopping at 6:30 PM. We head back to the nearest train station but was actually far. And my feet are just crying in pain. When we arrived at Shin Osaka, I was already dragging my feet. I could no longer walk!!!  I had I think 30K plus steps that day. 

So by 8:30 PM at the accommodation, I was totally wasted. I had my feet raised to the wall and rested. Tomorrow is Miyajima Day so I don't want to ruin my trip just because I can no longer walk. My friend offered me his magic spray and it indeed worked as magic.  Today was just another day. Tomorrow is another 20K+ steps.. Hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taiwan Trip (8days 7nights)

My friend impulsively booked us a round trip ticket to Taipei having no cheap flight for Japan or Australia. With only a month to prepare fo...