Taiwan Trip (8days 7nights)


My friend impulsively booked us a round trip ticket to Taipei having no cheap flight for Japan or Australia. With only a month to prepare for the itinerary, I was literally overwhelmed with things to include and what not.


Here are the things you need to prepare before arriving in Taiwan.

1. Register at https://etravel.gov.ph 3 days before your travel.

2. Register at lucky land  https://5000.taiwan.net.tw/index_en.html

Taiwan Tourism Bureau launched a subsidy scheme titled "Taiwan the Lucky Land," in which NT$5,000 will be provided to 500,000 foreign tourists who win a lucky draw over the course of three years from May 1, 2023 up to  June 30, 2025

Step 1. Register at least 1 day and within 7 days before arrival

Step 2. Try your luck and draw at the arrivals hall of airports in Taiwan

Step 3. Receive your prize on the spot and enjoy your trip to Taiwan

Prizes: Ipass ,Easy Card, iCash and Accomodation Vouchers

My friend won the draw (Easycard) while I was not. I guess I ran out of luck this time. 

Things to consider in making out your itinerary :

1. What do you want to see/experience

2. Where will you stay

3. DIY or join tours

After long deliberate research, I was able to complete our itinerary. Having 2 bases - Taichung and Ximending. Initially, I wanted to go to Alishan but decided to scrap it as it will consume a lot of travel hours not to mention multiple check-ins. I'll probably include this on my next visit with the itinerary that will better suit it.


1st Day  -  Taiwan Arrival, travel to Taichung

2nd Day - Qingjing and Gaomei Wetlands

3rd Day - Nantou- Sun Moon Lake

4th Day - Taichung Half Day Tour/ Check-in Ximending

5th day - Beitou Thermal Valley (DIY) / Shopping

6th day- Northcoast Tour ( Jiufen, Shifen ) Booked tour

7th Day - Taipei 101/ Tamsui 

8th Day - Flight Back home

I did not include the 8th day in the count for day in Taiwan as it just literally flight back home.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Taiwan Trip (8days 7nights)

My friend impulsively booked us a round trip ticket to Taipei having no cheap flight for Japan or Australia. With only a month to prepare fo...