Hotwheels Theme Birthday Party

My son is turning 7 and guess where he wants to celebrate it.. Shakey's!  I love Shakey's especially their Carbonara but later did i know their birthday theme is going to be a headache. First, when you go to Divisoria and ask for Hotwheels stuff in any party store, you will not be able to find one. The salesladies are not even aware what " Hotwheels" is.

So here's a run down of what I did. Googled here and then to look for race theme party and headout to Divisoria to find any checkered black and white ribbons, tapes or loot bags. It was chaos but my time were spent in Tabora Street. I decided to check 168 Mall but decided to go back to Tabora to search for more as I find 168 big. At least in Tabora, I can map out where I've been through.

When I inquired in Shakey's and reserved the date for Dec 4, they have a full slot already so I opted to move it to December 3. They allowed me to setup a candy table for free. Here's how it went:


No checkered banner available anywhere..so I decided to use the vertical black and white stripes and cut out the PIT STOP letters. See that stoplight at the back? I made it from a shoebox, covered it in black and put the 3 circles on it.


The Pitstop Food:


                               Meiji (28 pesos) and Pocky (36 pesos). Peppero is at 50 pesos.

These race cars are actually Hershey's Nuggets but covered in Hotwheels theme.

Trolli gummy racers! These are so cute that it got me ecstatic upon seeing them.


I asked this from my sister so I don't know where they got this. Maybe in SNR or Lander's.

Jelly beans!


The one above is actually a wheel ashtray I bought especially for this occassion. It was so cute that I could not resist buying it simply because I broke the top part (hahaha.clumsy!). The rocks and boulders are actually chocolate. I had to demo to the guests that these were edible as they thought they are really rocks.. lol


Oreo cookies as spare tires.

My cupcake ferriswheel comes to life after I added some stuff I bought in Divisoria. I think they are called lollies. I intended to use them as backdrop but when I saw how dull the ferris wheel was.. I used them to perk it up and set the party mood. And the ribbons that I bought for no purpose and no plan yet has found it's way. I never actually planned this but it just happened..




The cupcake liners were just an old stock from previous year's halloween.. So don't think I buy them all. I put some old stuff to good use.  My cupcake stand seem stained from all the events it went through so I covered it with a Hotwheels gift wrapper I bought from expressions. The blue column in the middle is it's original color. Then printed some hotwheels cupcake topper and spiced up my red velvet and chocolate cupcakes.



That safety cone you see at the back is bought from Japan Home for 88 pesos. It has smaller version which you can buy for 2 for 66 pesos but I opted for the bigger one. The checkered tablecloth is bought at 120/yard. I took a yard and a half just to cover 3 tables in Shakey's for pitstop.



The party favors from Shakey's, hers and his.


My party favors for the kids.. I opted to give them something they can use this Christmas!


The checkered lootbags were found by accident in 168. I was about to go home when I caught a store selling all kinds of cellophane bags. I got them cheaper than the lootbags I bought in the party store. And they were so perfect.

Because I want this special, I decorated the guests tables with the road and this centerpiece. Pardon the leaning race flags..the kids have their hands on it already. All DIY,



Here's what a friend of mine did for the invitation. The second page is actually a racer profile where my son put in his favorites..


12 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is fascinating! I haven’t seen such an arrangement ever before. I can’t really take my eyes off these pictures. It is perfect party! I am going to save this post because it has really good ideas for birthday parties. My nephew’s birthday is also around the corner and we can book a fine event space Atlanta and get such things for him. It’s a mind-blowing post.

    ReplyDelete

Taiwan 2nd Day : Qingjing and Gaomei Wetlands

 I researched and researched for the 2nd day activity to have this done DIY but it was just too hard in this area. Bus are not frequent and ...