4D-3N Singapore: 1st Day

Arrived Singapore at around 530 pm. We were 30minutes late from schedule as we took off late due to the air traffic congestion in Manila airport.  At the SG airport, we took the free Singapore maps at the left side area prior to the immigration checkpoint. 

The immigration officer told us to fill the city of embarkation and city of destination and asked us to fall in line again. My other friend and his company were not even asked to..so I guess that depends on the immigration officer. 

My friend rented a pocket wifi at the airport so we can have communication with our SG friend who will be accompanying us to some of our adventures. It was like $30 SGD for 3 days and you can get $10 SGD refund when you return the pocket wifi. Since I had booked in another hotel, we parted ways at the airport. My son and I went to the train station while they took a cab going to their rented room in Serangoon. 

Dana, my ex-colleague who met me in the airport and will be my guide for the 1st day asked me to load the EZ link cards I had with me. Good thing, a friend of mine went to SG a week before us and was able to lend me 2 EZlink cards. This is your all-to-go card in SG, you can use this as payment for all your transpo needs - cab, train and bus. I loaded $10 SGD each.

We then went to our hotel in Fragrance Emerald located in red district of Singapore- Geylang. From the airport, we took the train going to Tanah Merah and switched train going to Joo Koon and alighted at Kallang Station. From the station, we walked for about 10mins or so going to the hotel. Dana warned me about the place as it`s a place for the hookers but I never saw one in our 4-day stay in the hotel or even in the vicinity.


Then we head to Makansutra where we are going to take our dinner and meet some of our friends who are already working in SG.



We then walked all the way to the Merlion Park. Be prepared for the sights, you must have a good camera with you. One that capture photos in low-light settings.

Taken from the bridge going to Merlion Park

Here's what you need in your travel to Singapore:

2 valid IDs
Travel Tax - PHP 1600,  child- 1010(Pay first before checking in your baggages at your airline. Payment is located at the left side of Terminal 3.)
Passport
Hotel voucher -(incase needed)
Filled out Immigration Card 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taiwan Trip (8days 7nights)

My friend impulsively booked us a round trip ticket to Taipei having no cheap flight for Japan or Australia. With only a month to prepare fo...